Are you stuck in a relationship with a twin flame who is a narcissist? Are you wondering if you can help them heal?
Although you can’t help someone who is refusing to change their ways, you can support your twin flame as they work through their issues.
Here’s what you need to know.
What Is A Narcissist And What Are The Characteristics Of One?
A narcissist is someone who has an inflated sense of self-importance and a deep need for admiration.
They are often charming and charismatic but can also be manipulative and exploitative. They may have a sense of entitlement and take advantage of others to get what they want.
Narcissists can be difficult to be around because they are often self-absorbed, insensitive, and uninterested in the needs or feelings of others. They may also be quick to anger or be judgemental.
If you’re in a relationship with a twin flame with narcissistic traits, you may feel like you’re constantly walking on eggshells.
You may also feel like you’re being used or taken for granted.
How Do You Know If Your Twin Flame Is A Narcissist?
You will know if your twin flame is a narcissist if they have the following characteristics:
- They are extremely self-centered and think highly of themselves
- They need constant admiration and attention
- They are quick to anger or be judgemental
- They take advantage of others to get what they want
- They may also have a sense of entitlement and act like they are better than others.
Twin Flames Are Highly Spiritual But Why Do They Have Narcissistic Tendencies?
Narcissism is often caused by underlying insecurity and low self-esteem. Not all of us have the same level of self-awareness, and some of us may not even be aware of our own narcissistic tendencies.
Some twin flames may have unresolved trauma from their past, leading to narcissistic behaviors.
Others may have developed narcissistic traits as a way to cope with the pain of separation.
Can A Narcissistic Twin Flame Be Healed?
The good news is that narcissistic twin flames can be healed. But it will require a lot of work on their part.
If your twin flame is willing to do the necessary work, they can heal their underlying insecurity and low self-esteem. This will help them to let go of their need for admiration and attention.
Sometimes it may require healing from a previous relationship before your twin flame can let go of their narcissistic tendencies.
If your twin flame refuses to do the work, then you may need to accept that they are not ready to change and let them go.
If they are not willing to change, don’t allow yourself to comprise by accepting their behavior. You deserve to be in a healthy and loving relationship.
You can’t force someone to change, but you can support them as they work through their issues.
If your twin flame is open to healing, be there for them and offer your support.
If you’re struggling in a relationship with a twin flame who has narcissistic tendencies, know that you’re not alone.
There is help available. Seek out a therapist or counselor who can assist you in dealing with this difficult situation.
For spiritual advice on this matter, I may be able to help; leave a comment below.
How Can You Support Your Narcissistic Twin Flame?
If your twin flame is working on healing their narcissism, then it’s a great sign. For them to admit to the problems is the first step.
You can support your narcissistic twin flame by:
- Encouraging them to seek therapy or counseling
- Helping them to understand their triggers and how to avoid them
- Listening to them and being understanding, but also setting boundaries
- Offering support and encouragement as they work through their issues
- Reminding them of their progress and how far they’ve come
- Helping them to see the positive qualities in themselves
The narcissist twin flame can be healed, but only if they are willing to change for the better.
Seek professional help if you’re struggling to deal with this situation.
Can A Twin Flame Heal A Narcissist?
As mentioned above, a narcissist can be healed, but it will require effort. If they are open to change, you can offer your support as their twin flame.
It’s important to remember that you cannot change or fix your narcissistic twin flame; only they can do that for themselves.
How Can You Tell If Your Twin Flame Is Truly Changing For The Better Or If They’re Just Putting On An Act?
Some key signs will show you if your twin flame is changing for the better:
- They take ownership of their actions and words
- They apologize when they’ve done something wrong
- They’re willing to work on themselves and their issues
- They’re more self-aware and conscious of their triggers
- They’re more considerate and compassionate towards you
- They’re making an effort to improve your relationship
If you see these signs, then it’s a good indication that your twin flame is changing for the better.
However, if they are only putting on an act, then you’ll likely see some of the following signs:
- They only make changes when you threaten to leave or end the relationship
- They only make superficial changes that don’t last
- They often backslide and fall back into their old patterns
- They try to gaslight you into thinking that they’ve changed when they haven’t
If you see these signs, then it’s important to have a discussion with your twin flame about your concerns.
What Are The Chances Of A Narcissist Changing For The Better?
The probability of a narcissist improving is slim, but it is possible. If they are prepared to seek assistance and put in the effort, there is a chance they can cure their narcissistic issues.
However, keep in mind that you cannot alter or repair your twin flame; only they can do that for themselves.
You also need to be mindful of your own well-being in this situation.
Yes, a twin flame can heal a narcissist. This is because the love shared between twin flames is so pure and intense that it can penetrate even the most hardened of hearts.
The narcissist may not be able to understand or accept this love at first, but over time, as they experience its healing power.
However, they can only change if they are willing to let go of their ego and open themselves up to love.